Thursday 26 February 2015

Buying Books & Free Kindle Book!

I am the first to admit, that I do not venture in to many tricky reads, but I love to curl up with a good book and I have been waiting for the release of Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery.

I am a sucker for girly books, and at the minute and such a fan of Jenny Colgan. She won me over with Meet me at the Cupcake Café and I have been hooked since. Girly romance with cakes, bread, chocolate and sweets involved? Yes please. I even made some good peppermint creams from one of the recipes in one of the Cupcake Cafe books.

So Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery was delivered to my Kindle and I'm ready to get stuck in. But not before I make the most of the offer Kindle has at the minute - a free kindle book when you buy another Kindle book, and there's a choice of 6 books: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Next Always, Sleepyhead, The Black Echo, The State We're In and Stardust. The offer ends on March 31st, so if you need an excuse to buy one book and get two, here's one!

I still haven't read any of the Stieg Larsson series and I'm sure that the other books on offer are great too, but when I saw Stardust listed, I knew that that was the one for me. I will admit I only want to read it because of the film adaptation of Stardust but I love that so am sure the book will be just as good. It has a soft spot in my heart as well because where they filmed 'The Wall' is really close to me, in Ashridge. Spoiler Alert: the wall doesn't exist in real life but I'm still convinced that there's a magical land that I will someday find on the other side of Golden Valley... I'm ready for a world of stars, witches, royals and flying pirate ships. That sounds slightly like Peter Pan gone wrong when I write it down...
Crossing the Wall!

So, if you have a Kindle, I'm going to hint that you choose Stardust as your free book and ignore what may be slightly more difficult reads! But for now I'll be buried in a world of baking with Polly and her puffin!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!