Monday 26 January 2015

Sugar High: Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares

Perfect for a sweet and sugary snack, I saw the recipe for these peanut butter bars on Half Baked Harvest and decided they were just what I needed!


I measured it out mostly by eye - measuring a cup of peanut butter is just messy and sticky so I used tablespoons instead! It's really simple, just 5 ingredients which you probably have in your cupboards already. (N.B... I didn't... I decided my homemade peanut butter was too good to go in to these so had to go and buy some!)

  • 400g chocolate (I used dark, as the filling is quite sweet)
  • 12 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 2tsp vanilla essence
  • 110g salted butter (ish...)
Melt half the chocolate and 2 tbsps of peanut butter in a pan - it works out well if the chocolate comes in 200g bars I discovered! While it melts, line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment/baking paper.
Pour the melted mixture in to the tray and chill until solid.
Meanwhile, whisk together the butter, vanilla, icing sugar and 8 tbsps of peanut butter to create the creamy filling. Spread this over the set chocolate and pop it back in the fridge.
Now melt the last of the chocolate and peanut butter as before, and pour over the peanut butter filling. Leave it to chill properly - I was too eager and cut it and the middle squidged out everywhere (oopsy), but once it has set, cut in to squares and enjoy.

Don't expect it too last too long! But you can balance it out with a healthy breakfast smoothie the next day? It makes you feel slightly less guilty...

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!