Tuesday 4 March 2014

Super Indulgent Slutty Brownies

Heaven to eat!
So I came across these a while ago when I was told that The Londoner had posted them and have wanted to give them a go for ages. But rather than follow her recipe which uses boxed mix, I did it all from scratch, so here is my put together recipe!
I warn you, it makes quite a lot! I needed two deep rectangular baking trays... (which were greased and lined)

Ingredients:
Cookie base...
  • 225g marg
  • 350g brown sugar (I used a mix of light and dark)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 400g flour
  • 1 tsp bicarb
  • 200g milk chocolate
  • Plus 2 packets of Oreos
Brownie topping...
  • 250g marg
  • 200g dark chocolate
  • 80g cocoa powder
  • 65g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 360g caster sugar
  • 4 eggs
Preheat the oven to 180C

Cookie base
  1. Cream the butter and sugar
  2. Add eggs, one at a time and whisk in
  3. Mix in vanilla extract
  4. Mix in flour, salt and bicarb
  5. Roughly chop the chocolate in to chunks and stir it all together
  6. Layer this on your lined baking tray.
Creamed marg & sugar
Chocolate Chunks
Lie the Oreos on top. One tray had neatly arranged Oreos, the other I didn't have quite enough left so roughly chopped them. I think the second way tasted better, regulated Oreos are boring!
Regulated oreos
Messy Oreos (better!)
Brownie topping
  1. Melt the marg and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
  2. Mix this in to a large bowl along with the flour, cocoa, baking powder and sugar.
  3. Whisk the eggs separately and slowly mix them in as well.
  4. Pour the brownie topping evenly over the Oreo and cookie base.
  5. Bake in the over for approx 25 mins, until you're happy with how it is cooked.
Melting marg & chocolate
Pouring it over the cookie base
Ready to bake
I'm going to let you in on a little secret... Katie and I were having too much fun dancing around the kitchen to Pitbull while we made this... and neither of us reminded the other to put the eggs in the brownie mix. So we made eggless brownies. They may not have had the rise or that typical cooked brownie look, but they were still a success!!

Leave to cool for a bit so that it is possible to remove it from the tray, but do enjoy a slice while it's still warm.

2 comments :

  1. These look amazing Charlotte! Think I am going to have to try them at some point! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never attempted the Slutty Brownies from the Londoner, but they definitely look very indulgent (and easy!).
    I like that you made it from scratch. Very dedicated!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!