Wednesday 26 February 2014

Avocado Toast With Eggs on Top

Last week before I went to Sheffield for a weekend of trampolining, I took advantage of eggs on offer in Sainsbury's... so I have plenty and am egging out this week. But I thought rather than just my standard scrambled or soft-boiled eggs on toast, I may as well do something slightly different so stopped off at the supermarket to pick up some avocados (and a roll, as I didn't make any bread yesterday, a loaf is in the machine now as I write) so that I could have avocado toast.

Displaying image.jpeg
A healthy yet satisfying lunch!
Such a simple meal, but it looks and tastes so delightful... see how I make it!

You need...
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • A splash of lemon juice
  • Salt & pepper, to season
  • 2 slices toast (or a roll cut in half, butter is optional)
  • 2 eggs (medium or large)
Cut your avocado in half length-ways, and use the knife to catch the stone and twist it out. Squeeze out the avocado inside in to a bowl and mash it up with a fork along with the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
In the meantime, place your eggs in a pan of boiling water; leave them for 5 minutes if medium, and 6 if large, and put your bread in the toaster.

Once toasted, splodge the avocado on to the toast. Peel your eggs out of the shells, I tend to hold the egg in a tea towel so that I don't burn my fingers and wriggle the shell off with a spoon. Place an egg on each piece of toast, and cut in half to let the runny yolk out. Season again with a spot of black pepper if you so wish. Enjoy!
Displaying image.jpeg
A not so inventive lunch
Oh, and yesterday on my egg binge I cracked out some pancakes with this recipe.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!